Starting in january 2020
Radical Recovery is an integrative, trauma-informed, alternative 12 step program. RR is strength based, and an empowering approach to recovery. There are no labels, slogans, cross-talk or pressure. We tend to focus on the underlying causes that fuel the addiction rather than just the addiction itself. Our purpose as a community is to inspire growth, healing and transformation.
All are welcome:
Recovery from any addiction- alcohol, drugs, gambling, food and codependency.
The Little Book: A Collection of Alternative 12 Steps- for people of all faiths as well as agnostics and atheists.
Radical Recovery is based on 7 Core Principles:
- Trauma-informed: Many people suffering from addiction often have different types of trauma in their lives. Those who have been traumatized need safety, compassion, empowerment and validation from a recovery community.
- Inclusivity: Our intention is to embrace a diverse group of members and value their diversity. We are committed to be inclusive and mindful of how cultural, multi-generational and historical trauma impacts addiction and healing.
- Practice holistic self-care: Nature, exercise, creativity, breathwork, yoga, grounding exercises, meditation, muscle relaxation, music, energy work, martial arts, journaling, pressure point exercises, dance, movement.
- Build a comprehensive support system: Therapy, coaching, medication, substance abuse and mental health programs, spiritual community, support groups, 12 step programs, medical doctors & alternative practitioners.
- Promote Self-advocacy. No one program or person has all the answers. We encourage learning about recovery and addiction; trusting your own intuition and deciding what works best for you.
- Develop a solid recovery plan: Honesty, accountability, responsibility, coping skills, address triggers, safety & stability, healthy boundaries and choices.
- Address underlying conditions: Mental health issues, past trauma, grief, loss, shame and the inability to cope with current situations.
Location: Meadows Professional Office Park
1180 Ten Rod Rd. Building F Suite 207, North Kingstown, RI 02852
Copyright © 2019 [Maria Sorensen]. All Rights Reserved.